Hello everyone! Today I have a project for Magnolia Forever challenge to share with you. The theme for this challenge is
To match the theme, I wanted to use dark colour tone for this creation. When I went through the Edwin Stamps that I had, I came up with the idea for this project. I always colour the stamped images with distress ink so I would like to make a box to store them. I had total 17 ink pads (and many more in mini size) so I made a storage box with 18 slots. Since I tend to buy more distress ink pads in mini size, just one empty slot will be enough. I also put my blog’s name on this box because it will be the treasure of my craft room.
I used “Cool Edwin” stamp on one side of the box. The text was generated from computer with Graffiti font. This side represented a young boy who did anything he wanted just for fun no matter it was right or wrong.On the other side, I used “Artist Edwin” stamp to represent a man who demonstrated his artistic skills in the positive way.
Both sides of the box represented a boy’s life. He might have made some mistakes when he was young. But he would learn and discover his strength to grow up to be a better man.
- Magnolia “Cool Edwin” stamp from Sweet Rainbow 2011 collection
- Magnolia “Artist Edwin” stamp from Little Italy 2015 collection
- Lawn Fawn “Harold’s ABCs” clear stamp
- Hero Arts “Brush Strokes” stamp set
- Die-Versions “Marquee” font alphabet dies
- Magnolia Vintage Box 2nd Edition die
- Black Cardboard
- Studio Calico “Cat” wood veneer
- Trims from La’boom
Here is the close up for young and old EdwinLastly, I would like to share my tips on how I store the blending foam for each ink colours. I add Velcro tape beneath each ink pads and stick the blending foam on the tape. However, if you store your ink pads by stacking them on each other, this technique will not work because Velcro tape and foam will make the ink pads not stacking together.
I would like to enter this project to these challenges.
- ABC Challenge – G is for Grand (Anything but A Card)
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge #125 – Paper Embellishments/Chipboard
- All About Magnolia Challenge #14 – All About Crafting
- As You Like It Challenge – Favourite Animal (Cat of course. I have 4 cats so I put 4 cat wood veneers on my blog’s name on the box. They are also my inspiration in many projects.)
- Creative Inspirations Challenge #250 – For the Boys or Something Sporty
- Magnolia-licious Challenge – Anything Goes
- Nordsalten Hobbyklubb Challenge #138 – Colouring
- One Crazy Stamper May Challenge – Anything Goes
- Paradise of Stamps Challenge #41 – Anything Goes
- Simply Magnolia Challenge – CAS or Fully Loaded
I hope you like my project. See you again next time.